'Like Chess, Only without the Dice' German Football's Greatest Sayings
Part 4: Geography Red Card: 'The Swedes Are no Dutchmen'
Franz Beckenbauer: The Kaiser is no Einstein.
- Mailand oder Madrid - Hauptsache Italien. (Milan or Madrid -- the most important thing is it's Italy.)
Midfielder Andi Möller, who helped Germany to victory in the 1990 World Cup, coined an instant classic when he gave this answer to an interviewer's question about where he would like to play in the future.
- Die Schweden sind keine Holländer, das hat man ganz genau gesehen. (The Swedes are no Dutchmen -- we saw that very clearly.)
And Franz Beckenbauer is no Einstein when it comes to geographical insight.
- Part 1: German Football's Greatest Sayings
- Part 2: It's a Game of Two Tautologies: 'The Ball is Round'
- Part 3: Football Logic: 'Football Is Like Chess, only without the Dice'
- Part 4: Geography Red Card: 'The Swedes Are no Dutchmen'
- Part 5: An Early Bath for Math: 'Our Chances Are 70:50'